Location: Dusseldorf, Germany
Languages: Fluent English, German is desirable
Start Date: postponed, without any expectation of starting date
Duration: 3 months initially, likely to extend
Workload: up to 4 days a week: 3 days on-site, 1 day remote
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a market leader industry in the field of home appliances.
As a Software Developer working within a product team you’ll make significant impact on the direction of identifying product failures before the end customer is affected by an actual failure, delivering maximum satisfaction and maximum comfort to end customers.
You will be working alongside a Data Scientist and a Devops team, aiming to understand the business domain and deploy an application in production which alert technicians about devices which are about to fail in the field.
Being an experienced software developer contractor, you will be responsible for proposing a conceptual design, for selecting the best tools for the task, for implementing a prototype and for implementing a full solution, ready for being deployed in production.
- Data ingestion via Azure Data Factory and/or Kafka;
- Data processing and transformation, selecting records of interest;
- Implement stored procedures or ORM, depending on circumstances;
- Propose and document a conceptual design for the application;
- Implement a prototype of the application;
- Implement a feature complete application, integrating with data analysis and forecasting logic;
- Implement logging, auditing and monitoring procedures;
- Liaise with data analysts and devops;
- Produce technical documentation;
- 3+ years of software development experience, ideally in related industries, ideally involving time series data analytics and models.
- Fluency in SQL and MongoDB;
- Fluency in Python. Scala or Rust are desirable.;
- Acquainted to container technology in general.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or other technical fields;
- Experience in cloud data services, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc;
- Acquainted to Agile methodologies, in particular SCRUM;
- Able to adequately document your work so others can pick it up and evolve it to their needs;
- Ability to present and communicate data driven results clearly, concisely and effectively;